Visitors to Alderney find there is always plenty to do and to explore by themselves. However, there is more organised activity on Alderney too.
This carnival combines the charm of a giant village fete with a festival atmosphere which involves the whole Island. The usual population of 2,400 nearly doubles and many visitors book their accommodation year on year. Come for Alderney Week and you get hooked! There are more than 130 organised events so there really is something for everyone and children will never wail that they are bored – just exhausted.
Other quirky unique attractions on this Channel Island include the Alderney railway, with a steam train pulling former London Underground carriages. Santa and Easter Egg specials are great for the kids with a varied service for the rest of the year.
For such a small place it is surprising how much goes on and the only problem is how to sample it all in just one visit!
Regular events on the island include:
- Alderney Wildlife Festival Weekend;
- Alderney Hill Climb – family friendly motorsport events for motorbikes and cars;
- Alderney Running - family friendly events including the Half Marathon and Wildlife Stones (orienteering) races. Visit the Alderney Running website for further details;
- Alderney Golf Club holds regular sporting and social events. Find out more on Alderney Golf Club website;
- Alderney Week is packed with fun activities including;
- Grand Opening Parade
- Daft Raft Race
- Race the Train and
- Man-Powered Flight
Visit the Alderney Week website for further details
Within this tiny island, just a short distance from England, you'll find everything that makes the perfect holiday. Take a look at our brochure and start planning your trip.
Order by Post