At the Alderney Wildlife Gift Shop you can find souvenirs to treasure from your time on Alderney, including local produce, along with sustainable sourced household products and toys.
This year the Wildlife Trust has adopted a new sustainability policy and the shop underwent some major changes, the aim being that, wherever possible, products should be sourced ethically and sustainable. Single use plastics has been reduced and will be phased out at the earliest possibly opportunity and there is an increasing effort to stock items produced on island including foodstuff, clothing, literature, cards and artwork.
All profits from the Shop and Centre go directly to the Alderney Wildlife Trust to support its work protecting Alderney’s wildlife and environment to ensure a wilder future.
The gift shop is part of the Wildlife Centre which offers:
- Up-to-date information on wildlife sightings.
- Guidance on where to discover species, identification of sightings, heritage information and the best places to visit during your time on island.
- A range of activities including walks, talks and workshops.
- On Thursday and Saturday at 10am showings of the Alderney WWII documentaries which cover the island’s evacuation, what took place during the war years and the homecoming. (These are also available by arrangement at other times).
- Interactive displays and activities for families.